Skip to main content

Feelings Friday, 3--in a Time of Pandemic.

A few months in to this COVID-19 pandemic, someone posted that we are in the same storm, but not the same boat.  
That struck a chord with me.  
Yes, we may be dealing with similar overarching issues, but the implications and underlying issues are so personal.

You may be suffering because of...
...a lay off
...a loved one fighting for their life or another who has passed away because of this terrible virus
...being quarantined at home for too long without respite or help
...family ties are already strained and quarantine has just exacerbated them.
...the panic and paranoia that comes from such a large scale disruption
...getting the virus and struggling through the symptoms and recovery

My prayer for months has been, "Please bless those who are suffering because of this pandemic."  Whatever you are facing, I pray that a glimmer of God's love and hope can reach you, and help see you through to the other side.

I looked through the last several months and these are some of my feelings during this time-

1) Synergy 2) Dejected 3)Playful
4) Uncomfortable 5) Frazzled 6) Non-conventional
7) Grateful & Relieved 8) Tickled pink 9) Whimsical

1) Our back yard has needed LOTS of attention.  Thankfully, spending time outside with my hubby and kids has filled my bucket and given me something to focus on in my little world.
2) Mother's Day this year was pretty miserable.  Three of my 5 kids weren't even with me because I had reached a point of "HELP! Or I'm going to have an emotional break down."  Having my kids taken care of by one of my sweet Sister-in-law's was truly such a blessing, but guilt, shame and self-loathing crept in and played a large part of my day.
3) One of the dozen times I have actually gotten ready during this strange season of life.  Decided red lipstick was in order, even for at-home celebrations for the 4th of July.
4) Uncomfortable going to the hospital for therapy.  Uncomfortable wearing a big thick mask when it's 95 degrees outside, my ears are too little to hold it on properly, and my fogged up glasses keep slipping off my nose.  Uncomfortable with this twilight time of life. (BUT even with all the discomfort, I'm happy to wear a mask if it means safe-guarding myself & my family and those around me.)
5) A mix of feeling frazzled, frustrated, and wanting to be done with all the craziness of the world and of our move.
6) Finally went to a friend's house!  My daughter and I got hair wraps to change things up.  I consider myself conservative overall, but non-conventional.  I've always walked to the beat of my own drum.  (Some day I'd secretly love to dye my hair fuchsia or eggplant purple.)
7) After several months of paying a double mortgage and utilities, having one house show ready while renovating and slowing moving our stuff to another house, we sold our house.  YAYAYAYAYAY!
8) My vision of having a quaint path with wildflowers became a reality after 4 months of dedication.
9) With border closures forcing us to cancel a trip to Europe, we did our own European Tour at home.  The last day we got dressed up, fascinators and all, and enjoyed a British High Tea.

Comments