Skip to main content

Daring to See Clearly.

This morning my hubby pulled up all the blinds to flood the main level with warm sunlight.  It's been a gloomy and rainy few days, and it's a welcome change.

Cleaning is a regular part of every day.  Yet, usually there are things that I rarely get to because I don't have the time or energy to conquer them.  

But today my hubby is on a kick deep cleaning the kitchen and it has energized me to take on some other neglected projects.

Cue our large pane windows.

I set out spraying and wiping down the interior side then hit the exterior.  I came back in and saw the grubby finger prints gone, but only replaced with big smudges from my cleaning rag.  

OK, take two.

I started again to wipe down the interior sides then went back outside to try again.  As I was wiping the exterior side, for a second, time and looking through the two sides of the glass, I got to thinking.

Does it ever happen that we are perceiving a situation through "dirty windows"? (Love this clip)  We think that surely it is the outside world that is the problem.

We wait and wait and wait (love this poem too!) for the other person to "clean their windows".

The skewed perception remains.

Yet if we are daring enough to take a closer look we might see that BOTH sides need some consideration.

Perhaps each side even needs several cleaning iterations before the view can be seen clearly.

A situation comes to my mind instantly.  It's been heavy on my heart for a long time.  I haven't known how to proceed.  

While I wiped the windows these lyrics floated out of my side pocket (First)--

First
Song by Lauren Daigle

Main Results

Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
Before I lift my cares
I will lift my arms
I wanna know You
I wanna find You
In every season
In every moment
Before I bring my need
I will bring my heart
And seek You...
Before I speak a word
Let me hear Your voice
And in the midst of pain
Let me feel Your joy


Maybe the next step is seeking God.
Not ignoring the situation, but
Opening my heart to Him.
Not fearing what might be, but
Trusting that He has a way through.
Not allowing hurt and anger prevail, but
Letting Him sit on His throne in power and wisdom and grace.

Comments