Skip to main content

I already am.

One day as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Verdun, Québec, my mission companion and I were crossing the street.  As we neared the other side I glanced over and saw a girl crossing in the opposite direction, covered in tattoos and piercings.  Almost intuitively I uttered a silent prayer for her, "God please be with her."  I was surprised and touched by the immediate thought that came to my mind, "I already am."  Though over a decade ago, those few seconds have impacted my life ever since.  It was a strong witness to me of God's love for ALL of His children and the sweet presence He has in each of our lives.  He doesn't quit showing up.  He doesn't quit sharing His love and working on our behalf, offering us our best life.

A few months ago I was catching a connecting flight home.  As I found my seat at the back of the plane I sat down next to a friendly older woman.  I said hello and asked where her final destination would be.  I listened with interest as she explained where she'd been and where she was going.  A sweet impression came to my heart that God would be so happy to be able to talk with her in person, and that I had the opportunity to do that for Him.  I was moved to tears.  Oh how He LOVES His children.  Oh how He longs to have us in His presence again.  What a treasure that we get to interact face to face with the people that we do.

These experiences have shaped the way I feel about "strangers" that I see.  Before I honestly would have summed up each person quickly according to their outward appearance, language or actions.  Now instead, I find myself thinking that although they are a "stranger" to me that God knows their name, their story and their potential. (I just need to remember this when someone cuts me off on the street ;0))

Yesterday in therapy my therapist mentioned that one reason he loves his job is that he gets to hear his patients' back stories and really grows to love each of them in the process.  I am sure our Heavenly Father feels the same about each of us.  If He could wouldn't he quietly whisper, "if only you knew where they've been, if only you could see their heart, if only you could see who they'll someday become."

How grateful I am for those moments when God fills my heart with a portion of His GREAT love.  Oh how He loves and cherishes each of us.  He truly loves you and your story and is forever working in your behalf.


One of my new favorite songs by Lauren Daigle is Rescue.  I love how the lyrics portray God's great love and devotion to us.  You can watch the lyric video here (Lyric Video)


“Rescue” by Lauren Daigle

You are not hidden
There's never been a moment
You were forgotten
You are not hopeless
Though you have been broken
Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find You
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath Your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find You
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

I hear the whisper underneath Your breath
I hear you whisper, you have nothing left

I will send out an army to find You
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you

Oh, I will rescue you

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you!