Skip to main content

What moves you?

I have always loved music. I grew up in a home where there was often inspirational music playing, my mom using her angelic voice to sing us lullabies and classical music accompanying us on morning rides to school. I was part of a children's choir for several years then Acapella and madrigals in high school and choir in college.  My hubby & I have sung in several church choirs together over the years and even a few duets.

Many a stressful & grumpy morning wrangling the kids to church has been instantly pacified when singing the congregational hymns.  Time and time again my heart has been softened by beautiful music, preparing me to receive what God needs me to hear.  Music moves me almost like nothing else can.

When I started using a momentum tracker a little over a year ago, I quickly realized that for me music is a simple way to fill up my tank throughout the day.  Music often puts words to my feelings in ways that I can't quite articulate for myself.  Not to mention how uplifting music powerfully reminds me of truths that I may too quickly forget otherwise.  It's the same for my husband, so last year we decided that it'd be worth putting some more money towards good music.

Lauren Daigle's two albums (Trust in You and Look Up Child) were at the top of my playlist for all of our baby's pregnancy. I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd come out singing it 😉.

A few months ago my mom and sister introduced me to a song, "River of Grace." I loved the message and the calm yet upbeat music. Within a few weeks I decided to buy the whole album.

Be Held: Lullabies for the Beloved ♥️
 by Christy Nockels

It instantly became my new favorite album and has been playing on repeat since the night that I bought it. The whole family loves it and I love hearing them sing along-- The lyrics are full of beautiful truths and reminders.  The album was probably mostly intended for children but I think the music is accessible to all ages. And after all, we all need to be "rocked" and reassured at times, don't you think?

Music moves me.  What moves you to make simple yet significant changes in your life?  What captivates your attention and reminds you of what is important?

What moves your soul?


**STAY TUNED FOR A GIVEAWAY OF THE "Be Held" ALBUM**

Comments

  1. This reminded me of how growing up we always listened to church music Sunday mornings while getting ready for church. I loved it and it really set the day aside as special. I want to do that a little more. Isn’t it interesting how as adults sometimes we don’t know what moves us or what our interests are? I don’t know what to comment on what moves me but this has inspired me to take some time to reflect about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! As adults life can get so chaotic and feel relentless, like we are struggling to stay afloat let alone figure out how to improve things. You'll have to let me know what you come up with :0)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you!