Skip to main content

Sweet Sabbath Sunday: Our Savior's Compassion.


This year as I reflect on the Savior, what comes to mind the most is His compassion. In the Book of Alma (7:11–12) it says that, “he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.”

 He chose to go through ALL things so that He would know what we are experiencing and would know how to help.  He wants us to know that we are NEVER alone in our suffering, even if our choices are what brought the pain and suffering upon ourselves. He is there suffering with us, full of compassion, concern and love.

My husband and I sang with our church choir for their Easter program.  One of the songs mentioned  how Christ overcame the hands of evil men.  It struck me that the ultimate reason to celebrate at Easter is that Christ overcame ALL things.  No matter what evil men could do or take or inflict, He rose above it all.  He rose above betrayal, temptation, afflictions, injustice and death.  And He can do the same for us!  He knows that we, his dear brothers & sisters, must travel the path of mortality, but oh how he wants to walk by our side.  He loves YOU more than you can even comprehend.  He is there for you.  Seek Him.  He'll be found in powerful, personal and miraculous ways.

Springtime has always been a favorite time of year for me.  I love the first flowers that persist through late snows, like daffodils that herald the arrival of Spring.  A reminder that no matter how cold, how dark, how long the Winter may seem, that sunlight & new life will come again.


No matter what you are currently facing, know that God is there.  Pray to your Heavenly Father, open your heart, He will listen with understanding.  He may not be able to take away the hardship, but He will remain by your side.  Hold on to hope.  Better things will come to those who trust.

One of my sister's introduced me to Christian artist Lauren Daigle.  I recently bought her CD and have been listening to it on repeat.  Here are some of my favorite songs about the Savior's grace, redemption and love:


In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm

What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand

Here in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Oh, up from the grave He rose again

And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Oh, Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
'Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand




Comments