Skip to main content

Motherhood Monday: As I Have Loved You.

(When I have the time, Monday will be my day to share thoughts on Motherhood.  I think I'll start by going back to the beginning of being a first time mom and work forward.)

SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2009
As I have loved you.

Brie was having a hard time the other day. She was really fussy and I just couldn't seem to help her out. I finally decided it was time for a chage of scenery and a "field trip" up to visit grandpa and grandma. As I walked into my parents' room the song, "Love One Another" started playing.

As I have loved you, love one another.
This new commandment: love one another.
By this shall men know ye are my disciples,
if ye have love one for another.

As I listened to the words and held Brie I started to tear up, thinking of the love that the Savior has shown me, and the fact that His love is endless, even on my "fussy" days. I was grateful for the gentle reminder to continue loving my little daughter, especially in that moment when I felt frazzled and ineffective as a mother. How grateful I am for inspiring music and for the example of One who has paved the way.

Comments