Skip to main content

Toss Back Tuesday: Journeys.


WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2009
Journeys.

Wow, the weather has been beautiful lately! Monday I decided it was time for Brie to have her first experience with Spring by way of a little "nature walk" around the yard. And thanks to Tyler and Tiffany we had the perfect outfit for the occasion :0)

The summer before Bryan and I got married, my dad put a great little bench swing in the backyard. Brie and I of course had to take a little break before wandering on around the yard. She looked so cute just hanging out. (I wonder what she thinks of all these new experiences!)


Speaking of journeys, I wanted to mention how grateful I was for General Conference. I had been thinking about several of my needs and concerns beforehand and felt that the Lord addressed them all. My "theme" (the area in my life that I want to focus on) as of late is self-mastery. Now, when I say self-mastery I don't mean perfection. Oh no :0) I just mean that I really have the desire to take charge of my life, and to do way with those things that are holding me back. How grateful I am for this Easter week...that I am more fully reminded of my Savior as I set out on this new journey.
One last thought. Bryan and I decided that, in addition to writing out our gratitude lists (and one reason why we love our spouse) at the end of each day, we'd like to add one reason why we love our Savior. It's a new addition of two days, but I have appreciated the way it has helped me think more deeply about the Lord's influence in my life on a daily basis. How blessed we are to be alive at this time! And what a BEAUTIFUL world that we live in! :0)

Comments

  1. It is indeed a beautiful world. ❤️ I also felt so grateful for conference--an entire talk was dedicated to a specific need of mine that I'd been praying about beforehand. So thankful for God's love and our Savior's atonement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet thing to receive the exact answer that you're in need of. God has such love for each of us❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you!